Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Johnny Ray is finally here.

I haven't blogged in a few weeks. That's not because I haven't had anything to say, but because communicating with society in the last few weeks of pregnancy is kind of like angry drunk texting. Just don't do it... You are NOT in your right mind.

:: Kirk was explaining to me his view of the final week. "Well, I knew you were in the room by yourself so I wanted to come visit... but when I walked in to see you sitting on the bed in clothes that didn't fit your belly anymore... watching Chelsea Handler with a scowl on your face... next to a breast pump and an empty carton of ice cream... I slowly backed away to the garage." ::

Some days were better than others...


Finally the day came. We had a scheduled c-section that went beautifully. I was able to be conscious through the entire delivery while my husband talked the nerves away. And there he was! The loud cries of the 8 lb 11 oz little bundle that had been regularly round house kicking my bladder for the last few month had arrived!





The next few days in the hospital were lovely. Full of bandage changings for me and diaper changings... for both me and the baby. Oh, the beauty of birth.

And then we were home, where both the brothers got to swoon over our new little addition. The house got a little bit more crazy and a whole lot more blessed.

 


The days end the same way they did while Johnny was in my belly. Listening to daddy play and sing him to sleep.


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment