Sunday, December 20, 2015

Back To Blogging

Well, its here...

I'm now 34 weeks pregnant and about to step foot out of the office and into the much needed world of maternity leave, which will lead directly into a permanent life of entrepreneurship. At least, that's the plan.

It's exciting. It's terrifying... It's mostly exciting. Right now I am looking down at this giant abdomen of mine and wondering how much is going to change as soon as our third little guy takes his first step out of the womb and into this crazy world. Maybe "stepping" out of the womb isn't the right description...

:::visualizing:::
Tiny human unzips my c-section scar like a sleeping bag, steps out onto my chest, fists on his hips, superman style, "Hey, Ma. Sup?"

It's going to be an adventure for sure. My sexy, concrete pouring husband and I each have a son and now together this will be our third boy. Even our dog is of the male anatomy.

So, today I'm just over here on the couch, eating my fudge brownie ice cream, reflecting and glancing over my computer screen.

:::scene:::
Boys chasing each other back and forth with foam swords from the dollar store.
Dog is the corner unapologetically humping his blanket.
...and the husband just walked in the door in a ball of concrete dust.

Beautiful.

I can't help but chuckle as I think about how different my life was just five years ago, and how I have now fast forwarded into an entirely different circumstance, sitting in this home, packed to the ceiling with testosterone and love.

I wouldn't change it for the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment