Monday, March 21, 2016

Crawdad feasts and rainy day drives

So, Kirk has decided we are putting on an annual "Corned Beef and Crawdad Feast."
A little oakie?... indeed.

I'm not a big fan of either, but I am certainly a fan of sunshine, friends, feasts and beer.

I had no idea that you could do this, but Kirk's buddies had crawdads shipped overnight from New Orleans.

:: Only the fanciest in the Coleman house. (pinkies up!) ::
 


All of this was just a tad barbaric for me to participate in, but I do see the beauty. I mean... these guys were straight-up high on excitement as they sorted threw the live little crustaceans. Betting on which crawdad could kick the others ass (none of which actually happened)... posing the food for me to make sure I documented... and finally cracking through their masterpieces late into the night, happy as all hell.

It was quite entertaining.

 

 
The weather was great and the sun came through the clouds just long enough to finish out the festivities.

The next day was cold and rainy and perfect for having zero plans. We drove away half a tank of gas with nowhere to be. I surely took advantage of that fact... "Stop here, babe! Stop here!" It felt so good to just slow life down for the day, side by side with my other half. Perfection.

:: stand by for the rainy day slideshow ::
 






:: the end ::

No comments:

Post a Comment