Friday, January 8, 2016

The Final Days are Comical

This pregnancy has really been amazing. I can't say that enough. I have been trying to embrace the beauty of this final pregnancy because it will be the last time my body will be serving a purpose in this way. I am truly thankful. BUT these last few weeks I can do nothing but laugh pathetically. I have hired Kirk as my round the clock crane. Pulling me off of couches, out of bed...off the floor, while I psychotically giggle and groan. He's a good sport. I think he might even like it...

:: I'm extremely graceful and ladylike these days... ::
 
 
There's really no other way to handle it but laugh. I am pretty sure Johnny is dislocating my pelvis with every step I take. I had Jace exactly a week and a half from now in his pregnancy. It's amazing how fast time has flown.
 
So, with the pelvic pain and the time approaching, I went to my doctor appointment on Wednesday with high hopes that this little guy was showing signs of arrival. I give my standard urine sample and sit back down in the waiting room with Kirk who is laughing hysterically at my struggles.
 
:: I suppose I am due for an anatomy lesson. Ever since I have lost visibility of my "hoo" (my lady bits) I have found it impossible to pee in those cups. I realize that I have not physically seen my hoo in some time, but I am PRETTY SURE it hasn't relocated.
Locate. Place cup. Pee. Done. Right?? Wrong.
Locate. Place cup. Pee. Soak hand. Frantically rearrange to try and catch the requested amount. Feel completely ridiculous. Wash up. Rejoin Kirk in the waiting room who has the biggest grin, just waiting to hear how it went. ::
 


Anyway, the baby is estimated over 6 pounds now, and I am showing zero signs of him being on his way.
 
That's ok. It's not too bad. So now, we walk. We walk through the dislocating of the pelvis. We smile and we know that we get to meet the little bundle in a matter of weeks.
 
"Everything grows rounder, wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be." 
 
 
One more of these little men added to our batcave? Yes, please.  Life is so good.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment